If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto its nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
-- Emily Dickinson
AWARE was founded as an organization that cares for orphaned, injured, and distressed wildlife. We are an all volunteer organization, who dedicate our time and energy to care for many wild animals that are found by the public.
What we do...
- Emergency treatment for shock, and injuries.
- Rescue and stabilize animals in distress.
- Hand feed orphaned birds evey 20 minutes throughout the day.
- Bottle feed orphaned mammals.
- Tube feed debilitated/ /injured birds and mammals.
- Bandage and clean wounds daily.
- Splint broken bones or dislocated joints.
-Treat for poisoning.
- Medicate for infections.
- Assist veterenarians with medical procedures.
- Answer hundreds of phone calls, and advise people who care.
- Calculate and dose medications.
- Exercise animals for reconditioning for release to the wild.
- Build and repair cages, pens and equipment for safety of the animal.
- Educate the public on dangers to wildlife, and how they can help prevent injuies.
Many people ask me why I do this. My answer to this is in a story that explains our calling.
Look for us on Facebook
Association for Wild Animal Rehabilitation and Education Inc.
Please call us at: +1 716-625-8189
, or contact the referral number, or fill out our contact form.